Reputation is everything. That is why, your first step is not to create a website, or select a domain, but rather to create a Bio page. Tell me: Who are you?
You have to convince people, why you are the Authority on the subject. If you can’t do this, there is no way you will be able to convince any human, machine, or AI Engine (Search Engine) that what you have created is worth reading. In essence, establish credibility.
The game has changed, and this is the secret the so-called Gurus won’t tell you. They have already built their credibility, and without a doubt, they will be able to sell even ice to an Eskimo. But you still have to build your reputation.
But before we begin, please read:
Step 1: Create a Bio
But don’t despair if you are not an authority yet. We will help you step by step to create
What you can include in your bio:
- Degree, education, training, certificate
- Be bold, if you have a degree, mention it. If you have done the time, and you have the proof, now it the time to show the world.
- If you do not have the necesary, can you take an online course, or receive training.
- Conferences / podcasts / quoted
- Have you ever spoken at conferences, discussed the topic on a podcast, or ever been quoted by a magazine?
- Books / Ebooks
- Real-life experience
- Do you own the product you are going to blog about? Then say so.
- Buy it, rent it or borrow it!
Become an influencer
The term influencer has become widely used with the dawn of TikTok. But using your blog and your social media, you will become an influencer. The larger your following, the greater your reputation will become.
Keep updating your bio
Keep updating your Bio as you build more content on the web, and be sure to refer back to other similar content on the web you have created. This includes all Social media profiles, videos you have created, Podcasts you have been in.
Why do you need a bio?
A bio’s purpose is to tell the reader who you are and what you do by listing your experience and accomplishments and substantiating your claims with statistics and facts. The credibility of your personal brand will be formed by all of these components.
Learn from others
Find other Authors, and see what have they written in their bios, and incorporated that in yours.
Step 2: Write About a Topic, Not a Product