Build a reputation
Reputation is everything. That is why, your first step is to create an “About Me” page, a “Bio page”. Who are you?
The game has changed, and this is the secret the so-called Gurus won’t tell you.
Step 1: Create a Bio
You have to convince people, why you are the Authority on the subject. If you can’t do this, there is no way you will be able to convince any human, machine, or AI that what you have created is worth reading. In essence, establish credibility.
But don’t despair if you are not an authority yet. We will help you step by step to create
What you can include in your bio:
- Degree, education, training, certificate
- Be bold, if you have a degree, mention it. If you have done the time, and you have the proof, now it the time to show the world.
- If you do not have the necesary, can you take an online course, or receive training.
- Conferences / podcasts / quoted
- Have you ever spoken at conferences, discussed the topic on a podcast, or ever been quoted by a magazine?
- Books / Ebooks
- Real-life experience
- Do you own the product you are going to blog about? Then say so.
- Buy it, rent it or borrow it!
Keep updating your bio
Keep updating your Bio as you build more content on the web, and be sure to refer back to other similar content on the web you have collaborated with.
Why do you need a bio?
A bio’s purpose is to tell the reader who you are and what you do by listing your experience and accomplishments and substantiating your claims with statistics and facts. The credibility of your personal brand will be formed by all of these components.
Learn from others
Find other Authors, and see what have they written in their bios, and incorporated that in yours.